Thursday, July 31, 2008

Home Cooked Meals

After consulting with the K9kidneydiet group, I've started cooking Scooter's meals, following the Fuzzer Food diet. I've come up with a recipe which includes ground turkey, broccoli, peas, carrots, and potato. Sometimes I'll add some garlic, an egg, or yogurt. This is the first recipe, and I'm sure I'm come up with others for a little variety. I have to add calcium citrate to balance out the phosphorous. She also is getting supplements that will continue every day - B Complex, Vit E, Fish Oil, and Glucosamine. She's still getting the Proin for incontinence. I've discontinued the potassium citrate since I've learned it doesn't do anything for stones, and it contains wheat and sugar. I'm also temporarily giving her Magnesium, Crystal Clear, and Acidopholis since she has a UTI and is on antibiotics (last day). I'm taking a new urine sample in tomorrow to be checked.

2 comments:

Kami said...

Hi! My name is Kami and I too, am on the Fuzzer Diet website (mommy2Ritzy). I want to start my Ritzy on Fuzzer but have had a hard time coming up with an appropriate diet for Ritzy. Alot of the sample diets for Fuzzer contain beef and Ritzy is allergic to beef. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your recipes and the details so I could try to get it to fit my Ritzy. He had Ca/Ox stones and has the crystals back and is about 16 lbs., so I would be able to tweak it a little and use your recipe! If you don't mind, thank you so much!!!!

Fawn said...

Kami, I posted my recipe on the blog. If you want I can send you more - give me your email address.